Individual Psychotherapy for Adolescents & Adults
Talk Therapy (Psychotherapy)
Kemet Health treats a wide variety of mental health conditions including anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD, post-traumatic stress, OCD, and addiction.
Psychotherapy is a collaborative relationship between you and a licensed therapist. Centered in dialogue, you identify and change the thought or behavior patterns that are keeping you from feeling your best.
Therapy begins with a treatment plan and allows you to consider what you want to accomplish.
You then work to improve insight into struggles with mental illness, unwanted behaviors, or life’s stressors.
By the end of therapy, you will not only have solutions to the problems you started with, but also have new skills to carry with you for the future.
Kemet Health's Approach To Therapy
There are several approaches to psychotherapy. At Kemet we utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): A problem-solving approach that identifies thought patterns that have a negative influence on behavior or emotions
- CBT is problem-oriented, short-term and requires less time investment than other forms of therapy.
- Develop a better understanding of others’ behavior and motivation
- Learn coping skills for the difficulties of life
- Trauma-Informed Care: A holistic framework based on how trauma affects people’s lives, their service needs, and how to best access treatment
- Compassionate witness and acknowledgement to the pain underlying your distress and behaviors
- Sensitivity to abuse and connecting the individual with the support needed
- Safe environment that reflects the need for physical and emotional safety
- Shifts the focus from “What is wrong with you?” to “What happened to you?”